Who is this article for?
Mail Manager users managing their email messages.
Mail Manager must be installed.
Mail Manager allows you to file messages in an easy and efficient manner. When messages are filed they will be filed using the default options. You can change the options by expanding the Options pane on the right of the window.
This article outlines the steps required to customise the filing options and is split into 2 sections:
1. Modify the Subject
- Before filing, the subject line of the message can be modified as required.
- Useful when the subject line is blank or the current subject is inappropriate.
- When the subject is modified the filer's initials will be automatically appended to the Filename.
2. Add a Comment
- When filing a message you may want to add a comment that does not alter the subject and body text, but will still allow you to search based on the comment at a later date.
- Just type your comment into the comment field.
- When a comment is added the filers initials will be automatically appended to the Filename.
- See below steps to display the Comment column in Outlook
3. Add Categories & Reviews
- Add Categories: Whilst filing via the filing window, categories can be selected from the drop down menu and saved with the message.
- Mark Messages as Reviewed: To identify to other colleagues that you have reviewed or seen the message, in a similar way that you might initial or sign a paper document, you can update the subject line to include when you reviewed the message.
4. Send a Link After Filing
- Rather than forwarding or copying a message on to others and creating duplicates, Mail Manager can be used to file a single message and automatically generate a notification email containing links to the message once filed
- This "lightweight" email can be sent to other colleagues. Upon receipt the colleagues can select the links to open the filed message.
- The default font used for the link can be controlled via the User Preferences.